Subject: Re: [boost] [release][website] Help wanted
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-30 18:30:56

On 4/15/18 13:33, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> For the last couple of releases, I've been handling the releases
> mostly on my own, but I'm starting a new job and I'm going to have a
> lot less time, or maybe even no time, for Boost. So we really need
> more people helping with release management and updating the website.
>
> The main release manager responsibilities are described here:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList
>
> It's probably best if there are a few people involved. I don't think
> all of them will need admin permissions.
>
> For updating the website, you mainly need to occasionally edit
> html/quickbook files, accept pull requests to the release notes, and
> use the php scripts to updates the site at release time (I should be
> able to help a little there).
>
> thanks,
>
> Daniel

I have mentioned in the past that I would be happy to help more in this
arena. Maybe now is the time.

Ideally a few new volunteers could be involved in a support role with
the next release while it is led or managed by somebody with experience.

Volodya or Marshall, would one of you be willing to take the lead?

michael

--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting