Subject: Re: [boost] [release][website] Help wanted
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-30 19:34:50

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 2:28 PM, Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 04/30/18 21:30, Michael Caisse via Boost wrote:
>
>> On 4/15/18 13:33, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> For the last couple of releases, I've been handling the releases
>>> mostly on my own, but I'm starting a new job and I'm going to have a
>>> lot less time, or maybe even no time, for Boost. So we really need
>>> more people helping with release management and updating the website.
>>>
>>> The main release manager responsibilities are described here:
>>>
>>> https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList
>>>
>>> It's probably best if there are a few people involved. I don't think
>>> all of them will need admin permissions.
>>>
>>> For updating the website, you mainly need to occasionally edit
>>> html/quickbook files, accept pull requests to the release notes, and
>>> use the php scripts to updates the site at release time (I should be
>>> able to help a little there).
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> I have mentioned in the past that I would be happy to help more in this
>> arena. Maybe now is the time.
>>
>> Ideally a few new volunteers could be involved in a support role with
>> the next release while it is led or managed by somebody with experience.
>>
>> Volodya or Marshall, would one of you be willing to take the lead?
>>

> If the release team ever needs an unqualified volunteer, I can offer some
> help. I have roughly zero experience in web development or maintenance
> though.

Much of the work of release managers is to watch the builds, tell people
they can't merge, prodding people to submit release notes, cherry-picking
module merges, and so on. The web site work is minor.. Although Daniel
would be the person to say specifically what that is. As he handled all of
it for a long time.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything