Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Serialization] Crash in current master (1.68)
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-02 16:52:13

On 2 July 2018 at 19:22, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> But many/most users don't have the latest MSVC version

Given how easy the upgrade process has become, I suspect, you're wrong
here. Also, users (not corporate ones, but they are not going to adopt
Boost 1.68 either at release time anyway, so that's irrelevant) are looking
forward now to the (C++17) stuff that will work (and doesn't yet work with
their current version, a minor version difference can and will make all the
difference).

> - and the library has to work on at least the most recent ones.

Today's Preview is tomorrow's Stable, and will be outdated 2 weeks later,
that's how things are if you really "wonna make some progress" (you should
see the number of bugs and fixes on vcpkg, it's impressive), it's a wild
ride, but it's fun. As you are a dev of an important library, your stable
is today's Preview.

degski