Subject: Re: [boost] Boost linked example
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-03 06:51:00

On 3 July 2018 at 09:24, degski <degski_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 3 July 2018 at 09:07, Steven Watanabe via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> What exactly did you try? random_device is implemented in
>> the library, so it shouldn't link if the library is missing.
>> (Perhaps auto-link is picking up a library that you weren't
>> expecting?)
>>

> The background to the testing is this issue
> <https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/issues/3775> in vcpkg, it doesn't
> smell good to me.

 I've come more or less to the bottom of this (found the stray). Turning up
the verbosity on the (failing) build output shows that the linker receives
amongst many other things this "z:\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\lib\*.lib",
i.e. vcpkg is simply linking all libraries (so, I don't get why they do the
fancy erroneous renaming). And yes, it's not good, IMO.

degski

--
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*