Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Serialization] Crash in current master (1.68)
From: Robert (r.firl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-03 13:34:18

On 7/3/2018 3:14 AM, Olaf van der Spek via Boost wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 9:03 PM, Robert via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Yeah, I am not too excited about that on my primary desktop. I might
>> install the preview on a VM though. Presently, the team continues to find
>> newly released "features" that break stuff. Hence, my now four decades (and
>> growing) distrust...
>
> In VC or in their code?
Windows SDK, ATL, COM, C++ compiler conformance, standard library header
files, ODBC driver to SQL Server, etc.

> Either way, the sooner it's found the sooner it can be fixed.

In the group I am part of, as soon as the root cause is determined, an
issue is filed. How soon the Visual Studio C++ team responds with a
resolution, to something that previously is not broken, is non
deterministic, however. The tea leaf and coin flipping prediction
statement applies here too. :)

--Robert