Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.68.0 closed for Beta
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-06 03:57:51

On 7/5/2018 11:10 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Edward Diener via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On 7/5/2018 10:32 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
>>
>>> The master branch is now closed for all changes except by permission
>>> for the Beta release.
>>>
>>> Also, remember to add your libraries' changes to the release notes at:
>>>
>>> <
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history
>>> /boost_1_68_0.qbk
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -- The Boost Release Team
>>>

>> I would like to merge iostream's 'develop' changes to 'master'. The
>> changes have been heavily tested and there has been a request for at least
>> one of the changes to make it into the upcoming Boost release.
>>

> Edward --
>
> What are the changes, and how important is it that they appear in the Beta
> release?
> There will be time to merge post-beta before the final 1.68.0 release.

It would probably be better to get the changes in ASAP so they can be
tested with the rest of 'master'. They have been tested on 'develop' and
with CI with no problems for a while now. You can see the changes in
git. They are all on a direct path from the 'master' branch. A couple of
the changes are for compatibility with the latest vc++ release and the
others are just fixing some small problems found by others and submitted
as PRs. One is adding zstd compression support. I should have remembered
to merge these changes to 'master' a while ago. I highly doubt that any
of these changes can cause any problems with the upcoming release.