Subject: Re: [boost] toolset=clang-win uses clang-linux-win?
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-09 13:01:40

On 9 July 2018 at 15:51, Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Using lld will work for shared but static libraries will still fail.

When I still had it working, it built statics (I only build statics), but
the whole lot will have to be compiled the same way, with " -fuse-ld=lld
-flto=thin". This is the reason I am pursuing this [building Boost with
Clang], since vcpkg has reduced the whole exercise of building Boost
(static/dynamic) on windows/vs to drinking lots of coffee, after passing
".\vcpkg install boost".

degski

--
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*