Subject: Re: [boost] Reporting accurate code coverage
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-13 15:12:44

Dear James,

> On 13. Jul 2018, at 16:45, James E. King III via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> In short, don't rely on line coverage for your quality measurements.
> Always rely on branch coverage.

I generally see the wisdom in your argument.

I use coveralls.io to display and track coverage. On Travis, I execute:

pip install --user cpp-coveralls
coveralls -r .. -b . --verbose --exclude ${TRAVIS_BUILD_DIR}/deps --gcov=`which ${GCOV}` --gcov-options '\-lp';

Seems like coveralls may have added tracking of branch coverage in 2017 for some languages,
https://github.com/lemurheavy/coveralls-public/issues/31 <https://github.com/lemurheavy/coveralls-public/issues/31>
but I can't see it for my project. The situation is not clear.

Do I have to migrate to codecov.io <http://codecov.io/> to follow your advice?
Has anyone been able to get branch coverage working with coveralls?

Best regards,
Hans