Subject: Re: [boost] Safe Float design question
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-17 11:12:53

One more thing. Is there a need to keep every single aspect separate? E.g.,
is there a point in requiring that overflow is checked, but underflow is
ignored?
I see the point in in treating inaccurate representation as a separate
thing (because you will not want to have it most of the time), but things
like overflow and underflow -- do you not want them to always go in pair?

Also, given that safe_float<double> is to be a "drop-in" replacement for
double, type double is convertible to types int, unsigned int and bool.
Is safe_float<double> also going to be convertible to these types? If the
answer should be yes, do these conversions also require a dedicated policy?

Regards,
&rzej;