Subject: Re: [boost] TROJAN INFECTION boost 1.67 binaries for Windows x64 MSVC 14.1
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-27 08:19:00

You could download and unzip the zipped version instead if that makes you feel better?

https://www.boost.org/users/download/

My experience is that several virus checkers intermittently but persistently find false positives in Boost libraries that I
re-build; I have been reduced to placing then in a separate partition which is not virus checked.

(Since Microsoft use Boost internally, I am puzzled why this issue hasn't caused some liaison between the C++ users and the Defender
team).

Don't panic!

Paul

---