Subject: Re: [boost] Trac
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-01 20:14:15

On 2018-08-01 04:03 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> No such work is necessary. The proposal is that they be left available
>> but closed for new issues. This lets us have it both ways. Simple as that.
>>

> So you're fine with having two bug repositories.
> Then why close Trac?

That's quite a misrepresentation of what was discussed. The biggest
issue with trac is that it's a single tracker for all of boost. If it
were a bunch of trackers (one per library), each maintainer could choose
his policy and we wouldn't have to have this conversation.

I doubt anyone is "fine with two bug repositories". I'm sure everyone
would prefer one (for his project). But unfortunately reality isn't that
simple. That's no reason to stick with the status quo.

Stefan