Subject: Re: [boost] Library Federation
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-12 13:39:24

On 8/11/18 9:11 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost wrote:

>> LOL - of course we disagree.
>>

> Ha. I suppose I am a bit biased, as I implemented
> most of the current system. Anyway, I'm not willing
> to spend my own time on implementing this, but feel
> free to take a stab at it yourself. It can, at least,
> be made to work for non-b2 consumers without breaking
> the current setup.

Right - implementing "library federation" via generation of the
"include" environmental variable wouldn't conflict with the current
system. And my motivation is in large part to have something that
doesn't depend on boost. I want to make it more convenient to
incorporate non-boost libraries in my projects along side the boost ones
in a simpler way. My motivation for the post is not to change b2 but
rather perhaps someone else to create this thing that I think need.

I think that boost depends more on b2 than it has to. And I think this
makes it less attractive for users.

Robert Ramey