Subject: Re: [boost] clang-win, again
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-13 03:44:14

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 at 21:21, John Maddock via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> There are currently only 4 type_traits tests that fail with clang/llvm
> on windows - all related to msvc compatibility.

The (type of) errors I refer to is where f.e. std::is_assignable is clearly
available on compiler/platform but the boost one is reported not found,
while the obvious std::is_assignable (that should be used) is not used.
This was in wave, but I'm sure there are more of the same type of errors as
the above, they probably all just need 1 fix, i.e. it's a class of errors.

Wasn't this the/a similar symptom in Regex, it's too long ago cannot
remember. There the reason was that the detection was too simple, for the
now more complex situation that has been created (by the arrival of
Clang/VC STL). Just checking for _MSC_VER no longer does the Job, there
needs to be a check for __clang__ and/or possibly __GNUC__ depending on
what one is trying to determine.

I'll build again saving the build output to file and do some diggin'.

degski

--
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*