Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits][core] modularisation and moving stuff about (again)
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-23 13:44:43

Glen Fernandes wrote:

> Yes. If that restriction is something we're open to relaxing now, that
> works. Both would allow use of BOOST_IS_FINAL and BOOST_IS_EMPTY in Core
> and I don't mind where I obtain them from.

TypeTraits is a low level library so it's in principle no problem to allow
its use in Core. But I wonder if that (the desire to use it in Core) is not
an indication of the functionality in question not belonging in Core.

Unfocused libraries like "Utility", "Detail", "Core", if left unchecked,
tend to attract all kinds of things and grow beyond any reasonable size. And
the fact that we artificially restrict what Core components can use serves
as a check.

Ideally, we shouldn't need such omnibus components at all.