Subject: Re: [boost] Gsoc 2019
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-27 15:01:25

Hi,

Shubham Verma Via Boost wrote:
> Hey I'm new, but I'd like to contribute to your organisation, can someone
> please guide me along?

There are many ways you could contribute. So many it's impossible to
tell you what to do exactly. In every library there are bugs to fix and
documentation to improve. In most of the cases you could propose to add
some new feature. Some libraries are well established so the development
is mostly maintenence others are younger so many new features are
developed. I advise you to learn about various libraries, think which
one you find interesting. Then you can go further from that point,
decide to fix bugs to help and learn about the library, propose some new
feature if you happen to think about one or ask if the developers
already have some ideas about new features but lack free time to
implement them.

If you're thinking about contrinution during Gsoc I think it's
reasonable to assume that the libraries involved in Gsoc18 will also be
involved in Gsoc19, assuming Boost gets involved. However if you choose
to contribute to different library you'll probably find a mentor too.

Adam