Subject: Re: [boost] A possible date for dropping c++03 support
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-28 11:24:54

+1

1 Publicize with the 1.69 release, that libs can drop C++03 support at any time.(even though this is old news).
2 Support future 1.68.X releases if security issues (only!, no bugfixes) are ever discovered

and

3 Publicize that increasingly libraries will be requiring C++14 and 17,
and some are *already* requiring as-yet-unstandardized C++2Z! So plan to keep up.

4 A last release version of C++11, 14, 17 ...will be announced a version(or two) ahead.

Or do anything - if only to stop this endless argument to little purpose ;-)

Paul