Subject: Re: [boost] 1.68 Getting Started links to 1.67
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-28 13:50:47

On 08/28/18 16:38, degski via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 at 16:32, Andrey Semashev via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> ... MSVC is required on Windows.
>
> This is not what you asserted before.

I said it is MSVC-specific. Probably, I phrased it inaccurately and
should have added "on Windows", but I didn't think platforms other than
Windows were the main target anyway.

> Point is, vcpkg is moving full speed
> to cmake only, which simply means it works on nix (and possibly osx) as
> well.
>
> A project is in the making which will allow to use clang/llvm as a
> tool-chain (instead of MSVC) as well, but yes, it is in-flight. gcc is
> probably a bridge too far.

Yes, I understand that the direction is to make it more portable. We'll
see how it goes. (Personally, I'm feeling skeptical, though.)