Subject: Re: [boost] A possible date for dropping c++03 support
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-28 20:13:56

On 8/28/2018 1:50 PM, Mike Dev via Boost wrote:
> [...]

Other than not removing useful Boost libraries which support c++03 as
well as all subsequent C++ standard levels, and not telling people that
they can not use such libraries in c++03 mode if they actually want to
do so, I am perfectly willing to let others, including yourself, decide
the best way in which support for c++03 in Boost is reduced. My argument
has always been that putting a generalized statement on the website,
without explaining what it actually entails as far as using Boost
libraries is concerned, is going to lead to confusion and puzzlement
from end-users and endless questions. What can it possibly cost to
actually explain of what "Boost dropping support for c++03" actually
consists, when it is finally decided what Boost is going to do in this
area ? If it is a matter of correct grammar or exposition in the
explanation, I will gladly volunteer to write it if no one else wants to
do so.