Subject: [boost] c++03 library survey
From: Mike Dev (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-29 15:59:14

Just for the record: I'd absolutely love to see a "true" c++17 fork of boost
(or even c++20), where everything that has been merged into the standard is
removed and the other libraries make full use of c++17 feature in their
implementation and where there isn't conditional compilation all over the
place.

I even shortly had the crazy idea to suggest something like that here on
the ml, but then I woke up and read some of the past discussions about
boost 2.0 - ammo it is just too much effort and not enough real benefit
to justify it :(.

In any case. If you want to create a c++17 version of your libraries
(in particular LexicalCast) I'll support you however I can. Wonder
what the chances are for such a modernized library to be accepted into
boost.