Subject: Re: [boost] Let's stop distributing binaries
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-29 16:39:07

On 8/29/18 9:14 AM, Cem Bassoy via Boost wrote:
> I like Edwards proposal. However, not all Boost users are C++ experts,
> especially those who want to use 'higher-level' boost libraries such as
> GIL. Comparing Boost's installation processes with Qt's one, many users do
> not want to be concerned with cloning/compiling/linking issues.

Any boost library should be straight forward to build if it's not header
only.

And - users should also be running the tests which come with a library
that they are going to use as well.

If we're distributing something that is problematic to build & test, we
have a problem. Let's fix that!

Robert Ramey