Subject: Re: [boost] Let's stop distributing binaries
From: Olaf van der Spek (ml_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-29 17:02:04

Not if he's using package management (Linux, vcpkg @ Windows).

> with the -std setting he desires,

Are you sure about that?
Even if he has projects with different -std settings?

> There would be no ABI issues.
>
> b) LOL - It's been stated numerous times that the the Boost policy is that a
> library must only be compatible with the currently release C++ standard.

Apparently that's not documented properly. Where is it documented anyway?
And where's the list of supported compilers listed?
Are you sure 'we' are not expecting libs to work with non-C++17 compilers?

--
Olaf