Subject: [boost] A possible date for dropping c++03 support
From: Mike Dev (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-30 18:07:17

g++-4.8 is out anyway, because it (or rather the standard library) doesn't
have full c++11 support and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS will not be supported beyond mid-2019
(if that is what you meant by lts).

IIRC, MSVC 2015 as pretty complete c++14 support. Again IIRC it was one or
two c++11 features that were still missing (and of course no two phase lookup).
MSVC 2017 should be pretty much c++17 complete (I think a few functions/types
in the standard library are still missing)

If people want to go straight for c++14, I'm all for it, but I somewhat doubt
this is going to happen ;). IIRC Even some of the relatively new libraries
(Beast, mp11) explicitly want to keep support for c++11.

Mike