Subject: Re: [boost] pending vs detail headers
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-02 07:22:16

On 02/09/2018 03:03, James E. King III via Boost wrote:
> Is there any general guidance for moving headers out of boost/pending? Do
> we really need to include a forwarding stub for these? I'd like to
> consider headers in boost/pending as "not final" and therefore we should be
> able to move headers out of there without leaving a forwarding stub.

pending contains "useful stuff that hasn't been reviewed" - in other
words stuff that needed to be written to implement library X, but which
doesn't form part of it's interface and wasn't reviewed and doesn't
necessarily have the ultimate/best interface.  So.... you would need to
either:

1) Find another library where the component naturally belongs, and
persuade them to adopt it (maybe with changes), or
2) Get it reviewed as a component in it's own right.

Once it's "official" then the original library can be changed to use the
new version.