Subject: Re: [boost] Original STL Library Documentation has been recovered and is now safe forever.
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-02 16:26:10

On 9/2/18 1:36 AM, Raffi Enficiaud via Boost wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all congratulations for providing this! I have a couple of
> places in the boost.test documentation that linked to sgi.com. Those are
> obviously today dead links.
>
> Is it now a good practice to link to your copy? Why not copying that to
> the boost.org website?

LOL - of course it should be done by boost. But who needs the hassle of
proposing it on the list and going through endless discussion about it
should be placed on the website, who is going to do it, how much better
if would be if ..., arguments that it's outdated, etc. etc. ... ad
infinitem.

I downloaded from wayback machine, put on my site, posted the
announcement on twitter and reddit. It took me 1/2 hour and I'm done.
And now I get a little more traffic to my website at rrsd.com . Just
think about that compared to the normal boost procedure. Many times
trying to reach a consensus is not worth the effort.

The only thing I'm waiting for is to get trolled for using the documents
for personal gain.

Robert Ramey