Subject: Re: [boost] [range] #11202: boost.sort header conflicts with boost.range header
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-02 17:47:43

On 9/2/2018 10:09 AM, Mathias Gaunard via Boost wrote:
> On 2 September 2018 at 03:21, Steven Ross via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>

>>> I think it is a bad idea to make an exception for boost::range::sort
>>> when all the other range algorithms are directly in boost:: .
>>
>> It's not pretty, but it sounds reasonable to me. Do you have a
>> counterproposal?
>

> Rename the "sort" library to something else.
> "sortlib" is very bad, but other names could be found.

I was just suggesting a change in the namespace name to something else.
It can still be called the sort library, even if the namespace is not
boost::sort.

Although it is discouraged I think allowing function, template, and
class names directly in the boost namespace should be allowed when those
names mimic std:: names, but with Boost functionality. I think Boost
should avoid as much as possible using namespace names which are the
same as std:: functions, templates, and classes.