Subject: Re: [boost] pending vs detail headers
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-03 14:21:19

James E. King III wrote:
> Is there any general guidance for moving headers out of boost/pending? Do
> we really need to include a forwarding stub for these? I'd like to
> consider headers in boost/pending as "not final" and therefore we should
> be able to move headers out of there without leaving a forwarding stub.
>
> Example: https://github.com/boostorg/dynamic_bitset/pull/24

The general approach should be to leave the forwarding stub with
BOOST_HEADER_DEPRECATED in it for a release or two, allowing existing users
to migrate, then remove; but for this to work there needs to be an
alternative to which people can migrate. Do we have an equivalent of
lowest_bit in Boost.Integer? Is it just log2?