Subject: Re: [boost] Trac
From: braden (braden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-07 14:59:49

Robert Ramey wrote
> Could we agree to stop using the Trac system? The github issues/pr
> system is much more functional. I propose we close the trac system to
> new issues - be of course leave it available for reference.

As of this writing, the "Reporting and Fixing Bugs" link on the right side
of the boost.org main page directs to a page that further directs bug
reporters to Trac.

Since Trac has been disabled, that link now serves a page with a "permission
denied" message.

Now, as a Boost user, I fully support the concept of using a bug tracking
system that lives close to the code and will be visible to and actively used
by Boost developers. I make that remark to note that this posting should not
be taken as a criticism of the actions taken so far. But the current state
of affairs with regard to directing users who'd like to file bugs to the
right spot is not a great look.

Perhaps wheels are already turning here and an update is in progress. If so,
I apologize for harping.

-----

Braden McDaniel
braden_at_[hidden]