Subject: Re: [boost] CMake in Boost
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-15 16:07:30

On 9/15/18 3:25 AM, mike via Boost wrote:
> [...]

LOL - I am. To be honest though I haven't even looked at them. To me
merging in a batch of PRs related to CMake is a defacto proposal
presupposing what CMake should be doing in the context of Boost and an
implementation of same.

Is there already some alternative proposal to BCM in the making?

Paul Fultz made proposal about this time last year.

> Other than that, thanks for suggesting concrete dates and I'm looking forward
> to the "scope" discussion.

I think this is very important. There's lots of things one could expect
to use CMake for in the context of boost. Previous discussions seem to
spend a lot of time sorting things out among participants who have
diverse ideas about this. If we are going to request proposals, its
much better to articulate what we hope to accomplish with this. And we
can't reach some sort of consensus on this question, proposals won't be
comparable. Also it's unfair to ask for proposals without specifying
requirements.

Right now, my goal is even more modest. Its it possible that we could
get consensus on accepting the timeline and procedure I proposed - and
with my being appointed to lead it?

Robert Ramey