Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Pull request announcement
From: Cem Bassoy (cem.bassoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-17 11:44:24

Am Mo., 17. Sep. 2018 um 13:21 Uhr schrieb Peter Dimov via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]>:

> Mike Dev wrote:
>
> > All I'm trying to achieve is to get a minimal support for cmake into as
> > many boost libraries as possible, in a simple enough manner that any
> > library maintainer feels comfortable in having the file as an official
> > part of his library (although I'd be happy to provide support for them
> > myself). The primary goal is to make project local compilation and
> > consummation of boost easier, as well as lowering the bar for
> > contributors.
>
> I'd like to see an example of how a CMake project using Boost (f.ex.
> System)
> would look like, assuming your proposed pull requests are accepted.

Yes. I agree. From your pull requests I can see only the root
CMakeLists.txt for boost I guess. I would like to see examples of the
CMakeLists for a project (maybe also inluding test, documentation?)

In general, I really appreciate your effort to slowly integrate CMake
without touching Boost's build system. And I think it might be the right
way to do so. However, please note that accepting your solution (as an
intermediate step) would mean that library maintainers/contributers need to
support/maintain/debug two build system solutions. What about the
integration tests? Do we need to deploy and test twice?

Cheers