Subject: Re: [boost] [build][testing] Tests naming in Jamfile
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-21 13:45:53

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm updating Jamfile-s of Boost.GIL and it made me wondering:
>
> For example:
>
> test-suite "boost-gil-test" :
> [ run promote_integral.cpp ]
> ;
>
> Apart from replacing the deprecated test-suite with alias, I wonder what
> is the recommended policy of naming the test suites, are there any rules?
>
> For example, should it be more or less hierarchical
> boost-{lib}-{testname}
> {lib}-{testname}
> {testname}
> or the name is completely local to/internal in a library and library
> maintainers are free to name as they desire?

It's local and the naming is up to you. There are three documented targets
with known names (minimal, full, extra) but they aren't used.

Unless you want to run subsets with `b2 test//mysuite`, I wouldn't bother
with suites at all. Just use

    run promote_integral.cpp ;
    run channel.cpp error_if.cpp ;
    run pixel.cpp error_if.cpp ;