Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Histogram Library Starts TODAY
From: Klemens David Morgenstern (klemens.morgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-24 20:04:18
- What is your evaluation of the design?
The design is excellent, in that is geared towards readability and
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
It looks highly optimized with a focus on only being as cheap as possible on
CPU. I.e. only pay for what you use.
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
Detailed, good examples, I understood everything.
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
It's not my domain, but for anyone interested in data analysis this seems
super useful. I think there should be more libraries from that domain, even
tough it's not my primary one.
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
Yes, I did last year, when it was still in development, I used MinGW 5 and
MSVC 2017. No problems.
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation?
A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?
I looked into the library in depth last year and gave the author my feedback
on several implementation details.
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Not in depth, but I know the basics.
And finally, every review should answer this question:
- Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk