Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Histogram Library Starts TODAY
From: a.hagen-zanker_at_[hidden]
Date: 2018-09-25 14:31:05

Hi Hans,

I felt a bit lame for haven given a review without actually trying the library. So I decided to give it a try.

I just ran the very first example on the opening page (http://hdembinski.github.io/histogram/index.html)

My output is different from the given example though, as it seems that nothing is counted:

bin 0 x in [-1, -0.5): 0 +/- 0
bin 1 x in [-0.5, -1.11022e-16): 0 +/- 0
bin 2 x in [-1.11022e-16, 0.5): 0 +/- 0
bin 3 x in [0.5, 1): 0 +/- 0
bin 4 x in [1, 1.5): 0 +/- 0
bin 5 x in [1.5, 2): 0 +/- 0
bin 6 x in [2, inf): 0 +/- 0
bin -1 x in [-inf, -1): 0 +/- 0

Any clue as to what happened? I have VS 15.7.4, Boost version 1.67, and compile with C++17 turned on.

Then I looked at "getting_started_listing_01.cpp" and try there I did get the same output as given in comments. But, there I have difficulty understanding the logic of the example. What happens to the four samples that are added to the histogram in line 18 and 19? Is this the same issue?

Thanks, Alex