Subject: [boost] [GitHelp] release version of boost from GitHub?
From: Kostiantyn Ponomarenko (konstantin.ponomarenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-25 17:24:37

Hi, guys.

What is the right place for getting the last/or-any (released) version of boost?

This page provides the last release as well as others: https://www.boost.org.
But I've got the impression that after Boost moved to GitHub and
became "modular", the releases can be downloaded right from the GitHub
"releases" page.

So it looks like it is not the case, and my assumptions is wrong
because when I go to the "releases" page on GitHub
(https://github.com/boostorg/boost/releases) and download a release
(let's say "boost-1.68.0") I don't get any libs inside.

Could you please help me to understand this situation.

Is the only place to get a release of boost is https://www.boost.org,
but not GitHub?
Is GitHub used only for development, or getting the latest changes
which are not released yet?

---
Kostia
Kyiv, Ukraine