Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Pull request announcement
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-26 18:26:24

Hi Rene,

On 2018-09-26 02:16 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 10:28 AM Stefan Seefeld via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden] <mailto:boost_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> Personally I'd go as far as suggesting that it be a requirement
> for any
> new build tool proposal that individual projects be compilable (and
> installable) individually.
>

> I should mention.. that there's nothing in B2 that prevents that
> modularity.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "prevent", but as far as I know,
modular builds (at least the variant as I describe it in my other reply)
aren't supported by Boost.Build right now. I'd be more than happy to be
proven wrong.

(I know we have gone over exactly this question years ago, when you told
me that it could be done with a bit of adjustment to the Boost.Build
internal code. Has anything changed since then ?)

Stefan