Subject: Re: [boost] Boost CMake support - Request for Comment
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-11 19:21:32

On 10/11/18 11:38 AM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 10:07 AM Robert Ramey via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> We distribute boost as "super project". Should we continue to do this
>> or distribute libraries on a library by library basis. Does CMake/CPACK
>> etc. make this "simple"?
>
> Here's an idea, we leave our distribution as-is, and let the community
> step forward and decide if and how they want to package individual
> libraries. We can make it easier for them by making adjustments as
> needed. This way the stakeholders have a direct say in how it goes.

Right. This is really a question about deployment of modular Boost.

The purpose of this thread is to solicit suggestions as to what a CMake
system for Boost should include. I'm aware that CMake includes CPACK
which I believe touches upon this subject. I hope that someone who
knows more about this than I can supply more information as to whether
we should include support for CPACK in the coming list of requirements
contained in the forthcoming call for submissions.

Robert Ramey