Subject: Re: [boost] Boost CMake support - Request for Comment
From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-15 13:21:14

>> Sorry, but WHY exactly do you need to have the checks from
>> Boost.Config/Predef in CMake? Do they exist in B2? In which form?
>> Isn't Boost.Config/Predef a set of headers defining macros for
>> consumption in source code?
>
> A great many Boost libraries use the checks from Boost.Config/Predef
> in their jamfiles. What do you propose to do when these jamfiles need
> to be converted for the purposes of using CMake for these libraries ?

What I meant was: I was only aware of a C++ part (header files) of
Boost.Config/Predef. Can you point me to where those header defines are
transported into bjam so they can be used by those other libs in their
jamfiles?

> Providing a CMake equivalent in the Boost.Config and Boost.Predef
libraries for all the current checks which are offered by those
libraries, and then using these equivalents by other libraries which
currently use them

Exactly this would be the proposal. I can comment on possible effort
when I have seen how it is done in bjam.