Subject: Re: [boost] Boost header isolation testing
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-16 22:02:36

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 1:41 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Given that Boost library testing is currently done with
> Boost.Build, if one want to do the testing with another build system, he
> would have to port that script in its entirety anyway

Well that is precisely my point. Speaking only to the problem of
checking if public headers compile on their own, a solution which does
not require cooperation from the build script brings us one small step
towards that goal which has been discussed heavily but without
significant progress: Boost libraries which may be individually
packaged without the need to come with the entirety of Boost. There
have also been CMake noises. Relying on the Jamfile to check if public
headers compile on their own only means that such functionality will
need to be re-implemented for other build tools.

Regards