Subject: Re: [boost] Draft copy - Call for Submissions - CMake for Boost
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-19 07:32:25

On 10/18/18 8:12 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:

> The current title is: Call for Submissions - CMake for Boost.  I'm not
> seeing where that mentions Boost Build.  I actually carefully thought
> about the title just to avoid this criticism.

I'm not criticizing the title. I'm pointing out the contradiction
between you claiming not wanting to name CMake in the RFP, while naming
it squarely in the title.

> To summarize, you're in agreement with the content, we're just talking
> about the phrasing to make it less subject to mis-interpretation, Right?

I'm asking you to add this requirement:

> a solution must allow for a heterogeneous environment, where some
> Boost libraries are still built with Boost.Build, while others are
> built with CMake.
or alternatively (if you are afraid of calling out the obvious):

> a solution must allow for a heterogeneous environment, where some
> Boost libraries are still built with the existing build system, while
> others are
> built with a different one.

because that's not implied by any others. I.e. it is not merely a matter
of phrasing or (mis-)interpretation. It really augments the set of
requirements.

Stefan