Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.69.0 deadline for new libraries approaching
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-22 18:45:43

On 2018-10-22 02:39 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:

> On 10/22/18 10:19 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
>> Marshall Clow wrote:
>>
>>> * 24-Oct: Boost 1.69.0 closed for new libraries and breaking changes
>>
>> OK... do we want CMake config files installed by 1.69 or not, then?
>
> I'd like to know this as well.  If so, I presume that we can consider
> the Boost/CMake issues resolved and we can just move on from this?

What issues do you think are resolved ? As far as I understand, the
current endeavor is to auto-generate config files to make it easier to
consume (individual) Boost libraries in CMake projects. That's entirely
orthogonal to the question of whether and how Boost libraries switch to
CMake.
So, as far as I'm concerned, your effort to agree on a Request For
Proposals is still very much relevant.

Stefan