Subject: Re: [boost] The future and present of Boost
From: James E. King III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-22 22:51:49

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 4:49 AM Niall Douglas via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I appreciate lack of review managers gates the number of new libraries
> in Boost [1].
>
> But, to be blunt, Boost is about *popular* libraries. If a library can't
> find a review manager, not enough enough of an itch is there to be
> scratched. That's the whole point of having review managers, to filter
> out too-niche libraries.
>
> [1] I really, really, really, really wish Boost would expunge the
> undermaintained libraries already. They waste productivity for so many
> people out there who think they're using a Boost quality library, when
> they're not, and get badly burned for it.
>
> Niall

Could you be more specific? Which libraries need attention? If you want
to reply directly I can work with the CMT to assess. Issues like this need
to be brought up on the mailing list if folks thing something is being
neglected.
We do have some procedures for dealing with this. I know we need to find
new
homes for libraries that Beman was maintaining.

We're removing Boost.Signals(v1) in 1.69.0. It was deprecated for.. a long
time.
(too long...)

- Jim