Subject: Re: [boost] [preprocessor] vc++ using the experimental preprocessor
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-23 08:02:20

>> Outcome has been part of MSVC's test suite for some months now, as is Boost.
>>
>> Outcome has broken MSVC in all sorts of subtle and interesting corner
>> case ways. Microsoft have spotted the failure within 24 hours, triaged
>
> Within 24h of what?
> Release? If so, how come they didn't spot and fix it before release?

Microsoft track Outcome HEAD. Given the 24 hour lag from when I push a
commit which fails on MSVC, I would assume they have it on a nightly
cronjob.

Personally speaking, I just love this arrangement. I no longer need to
code around MSVC. I just push the code which won't compile, and
Microsoft fix MSVC for me. Wonderful.

Niall