Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.69.0 deadline for new libraries approaching
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-23 16:14:54

On 10/23/18 8:16 AM, Steven Watanabe via Boost wrote:

> You need a catalog file for --nonet to work. This script
> is not self-contained, because it assumes that the
> catalogs for boostbook and docbook are present in the
> environment.

Right - I added these when I discovered that the damn thing was going
out on the net every time I built something.

> And that's the real issue. Scripts like this are
> work great as long as you're only running them in
> a specific environment. If you try to make them
> portable, they'll quickly become at least as complex
> as the b2 implementation.

Right - that's why I didn't try to make it really portable. I made it
simple enough to work and simple enough to adjust to taste. B2 places a
impenetrable layer between me building the documentation. My script is
100 times easier to work with than the b2 implementation.
>> Note that it's actual function is to cut B2 out of the mix. This makes
>> things much, much simpler.

>> BTW there are other versions to produce pdf and ebook from the boostbook
>> files.

Robert Ramey