Subject: Re: [boost] Library devs only: Boost v2.x distro design questions
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-24 21:01:09

On 10/24/2018 3:12 PM, Niall Douglas via Boost wrote:
> Splitting this off from the other thread, can I get feedback from Boost
> library maintainers ONLY. Not users, not non-maintainers.
>
> Q0: Are you willing to do the work to adapt your library for any Boost
> v2.x distro if it were to happen?

I have less than zero interest in forcing Boost libraries to adopt some
arbitrary C++ standard.

I can understand only one thing, as evidenced by my cxxd library which
nobody liked as a solution, that it would be helpful for a library which
uses a Boost library rather than the C++11 equivalent library to use the
C++11 equivalent library instead and therefore drop support for C++03.
Beyond that forcing some library to use some C++11 on up construct, just
to adopt some arbitrary C++ standard, is lunacy.