Subject: Re: [boost] clang-win, again
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-25 23:37:06

On 10/25/2018 5:53 PM, Egor Pugin via Boost wrote:
>> With that said using clang on Windows works reasonably well for me without having
> to use clang-cl
>
> I'm not building using b2 and see lots of errors related to boost.pp
> when used in boost.log.
> Both for clang-cl and clang++ (v8 from today's trunk).
> Tried different options, nothing is helpful enough. I assume errors
> are probably with my compiler options/definitions.
> Btw, 'clang++-8 -v' shows that it turns on msvc compatibility (which
> is detected on system) by default.

I have not attempted to build clang-8.0 under Windows. I ran into too
many errors in the past attempting to build clang on Windows, which were
ignored when I mentioned it on the clang developers list, to want to
keep pursuing another attempt.

When I run the preprocessor tests using b2 with my toolset clang-7.0
targeting VC++ I get no errors at all, so I really do not know what you
are seeing or what you are doing to produce "lots of errors". I am
working with the 'develop' branch of Boost Preprocessor.