Subject: Re: [boost] Builds from boost/status fail early?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-27 21:20:40

James E. King III wrote:

> Where do we run boost builds in boost/status in CI? Should have caught
> this earlier.

The whole `status` is way too expensive for CI, so the superproject runs it
with `b2 -n` to catch Jamfile errors (this would have caught your problem,
but it doesn't show up there - for some reason $(dll-export) seems to be
missing in your case, but it's there on develop. It's probably something in
your local copy.)

The superproject also runs a "quick" status, which consists of going through
the test Jamfiles and running the `quick` target, if they have one. (`run
quick.cpp ;` usually.) But not many projects have these, because I haven't
advertised this. :-)