Subject: Re: [boost] clang-win, (Thin)LTO this time
From: Robert (r.firl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-06 15:44:58

On 11/6/2018 6:29 AM, degski via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 14:17, degski <degski_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I did, and I've use this project-config:
>>
>> import option ;
>> using clang-win : : "C:\\Program Files\\LLVM\\bin\\clang-cl.exe"
>> -fuse-ld=lld :
>> <compatibility>vc14
>> <compileflags>-fmsc-version=1915
>> <compileflags>-fms-compatibility
>> <compileflags>-fno-delayed-template-parsing
>> <compileflags>-flto=thin
>> <cxxflags>"/std:c++17"
>>

> Somebody asked about this, I believe Robert, so yes, compiles fine, even
> with C++17 [serialization and wserialization].

I do not recall if I ask. However, I have to escape the colon character
with a backslash. I discover that by accident a few builds ago with b2,
building all Boost with the cl.exe, approximately Visual Studio 15.6.4.
Have you observed any messages stating how an unknown option is ignored?
  I purposely redirect all b2 output to a text file with the redirect
operator. The tail end of the b2 invocation is similar to:

>buildVSx64Fri5_6.log 2>&1

I highly recommend using the "2>&1". All error and normal messages will
be in the one text file. Reviewing the file should isolate results faster.

--Robert