Subject: [boost] Boost Test Matrix - no clang release builds?
From: James E. King III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-11 22:26:31

I was putting together some additional testing for a library and my CI jobs
were failing in release mode. I was able to reproduce the issue locally.
On examination of the boost test matrix however I was unable to see the
same failures. When I dug into it a little bit more, it looks like the
clang linux build jobs only build the default variant (debug), and
therefore will not catch release-mode optimization issues when running the
unit tests.

Here's one of the job details:
https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/teeks99-02-dc6-17-Docker-64on64.html

Given this matrix is the last line of defense before code is merged from
develop to master, I'd suggest that the build jobs should all be targeting
variant=release instead of variant=debug. The former directly impacts a
release, and the latter does not.

- Jim