Subject: Re: [boost] [ Interest? ] [ out_ptr ] Tiny C++ Abstraction for C-Style Output Pointers
From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-19 17:01:18

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 7:23 PM JeanHeyd Meneide via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Dear Boost Community,
>
> Just to keep everyone up to date, the discussion has moved over to
> Boost.Smartptr as we feel that this would be better made available through
> that module: https://github.com/boostorg/smart_ptr/issues/56
>
> If this does seem acceptable, I will move to also add a friend
> declaration to boost::move::unique_ptr, so that individuals using that
> library will get the same performance benefits listed in the proposal being
> sent for standardization
> <https://thephd.github.io/vendor/future_cxx/papers/d1132.html>.

I want to encourage anyone who needs smart pointer/C API interoperability
to read that paper. I for one did not get this paper until I saw it
presented in the last committee meeting, but I find it to be very useful
now that I understand it.

Zach