Subject: [boost] Rotating on-call review managers
From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-19 19:09:23

Boost was originally created to incubate libraries that target eventual
standardization. When new libraries are proposed, many of the Boost
community members that participate in C++ Standard Committee (WG21)
meetings ask "How many users does this have, and did you consider Boost
first?" Often the answer is that they considered Boost but could not
figure out what they were supposed to do to make that happen, or that they
had difficulty finding a review manager.

There are other things that can be done to make getting a library
Boost-review-ready, but most of them require a bit of work up front. The
review manager requirement is relatively easier to satisfy.

This volunteer effort is to better facilitate Boost's value in the ISO C++
standardization process and so the reviewers would need to recognize intent
to standardize the proposed libraries.

Submissions that are supported with a paper in a mailing or a draft will
make it easier to source a review manager from this queue, but authors
without either are encouraged to get in contact with reviewers on this list
to find out what that entails.

This is the list of volunteers:

Zach Laine
Micheal Caisse
Matt Calabrese
Louis Dionne
Vinnie Falco
Glen Fernandes
Jeff Garland
David Sankel

The list will rotate; the first person on the list will be "on-call". If
you'd like to help, let me know and I'll add your name to the list.

Also, I've made a PR that adds this list and a note like the description
above to https://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html (#6 Seek a
Review Manager):

https://github.com/boostorg/website/pull/387

Zach