Subject: Re: [boost] [DoubleEnded] Status?
From: Benedek Thaler (thalerbenedek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-24 20:16:41
On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 7:55 AM degski via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> We had the review of this library proposal/addition quite a while back and
> ever since I've been [eagerly] waiting for its official entry into Boost.
> https://github.com/erenon/double_ended does not show any activity and
> is nothing in the Boost.Container going on either.
> What is the status?
Thanks for the interest!
As per the review verdict, the double ended classes should be part of
with the following major changes:
- support of pre-C++11 compilers (e.g: move emulation)
- integration with the Container util components and extras
- integration with the Container test practices and documentation
- removal of the built-in small buffer optimization (should be provided by
Judging by the review activity and results, my perception was,
that there isn't a great interest in these components
- therefore I decided to focus my attention on different projects.
Of course, given the need, we can change that.
Do you have any particular devector feature you really want?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk