Subject: Re: [boost] [DoubleEnded] Status?
From: Benedek Thaler (thalerbenedek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-24 20:16:41

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 7:55 AM degski via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> We had the review of this library proposal/addition quite a while back and
> ever since I've been [eagerly] waiting for its official entry into Boost.
>
> https://github.com/erenon/double_ended does not show any activity and
> there
> is nothing in the Boost.Container going on either.
>
> What is the status?
>
> degski
> --

Hi,

Thanks for the interest!

As per the review verdict, the double ended classes should be part of
Boost.Container,
with the following major changes:
 - support of pre-C++11 compilers (e.g: move emulation)
 - integration with the Container util components and extras
 - integration with the Container test practices and documentation
 - removal of the built-in small buffer optimization (should be provided by
the allocator)

Judging by the review activity and results, my perception was,
that there isn't a great interest in these components
 - therefore I decided to focus my attention on different projects.
Of course, given the need, we can change that.

Do you have any particular devector feature you really want?

Thanks,
Benedek